Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Just get me to mile 18.2

All I want is mile 18.2, because then I know my favorite distance is left... only 8 more miles and then I am DONE!!

18 miles is nothing compared to 20 or 22 right?

This is my thought process on this marathon. 18.2 and I am DONE!

Sounds crazy right? It is the only thought that has actually calmed me down yet!! ... well besides my 6 mile tempo run I decided to do 3 days before my marathon...

Ok, this is Penny officially freaking out...

"Stay with each situation until you feel your anxiety drop, worry systematically and intensely... and humorously. Make your scenarios crazy and outrageous. Creative worrying is a way of desensitizing yourself to worries....."

and here is what I am doing to relieve the stress... enjoying a nice hot mug of tension tamer!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! That's a great attitude!! 18.2 and done. I'm going to have to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that is exactly how I feel about 7 miles it's my favorite, I think once I get to 7 left it will be ok, it's the getting to 19 without wanting to die that scares me:) you need not freak out, you will rock, see you in 36 hours!!!

    ReplyDelete