Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

6.2 Miles 49:54 8:07/mi

Well, I did not Turkey Trot this morning and I am a-ok with my decision! Last night we went over to a friends family pre Thanksgiving dinner. Great food and lots of wine. Since I was riding over with everyone I knew that it was going to be a late night and I would not be rested for the race. I did not want to be disappointed in my time and go through the whole let down thing again, so I just said no!! We had a fun evening and it was all worth it.

I attempted to wake up this morning and run but that didn't go as well as planned. My first mile was over 9:00 and my head was throbbing - waay to much wine. After the first mile I stopped and walked it back home. The weather was great so I enjoyed the walk.

My family went out of town this year (again) for Thanksgiving so I stayed in Tampa. I was invited over to a friends house for their yummy dinner and had a nice relaxing afternoon. Turkey and Stuffing my two favorites of the day. I always forget about stuffing until this day and I always wonder why I don' t eat it more. They even had mushrooms in it - I was in heaven. For dessert we had a Thanksgiving Cobbler which had peaches, cranberries cinnamon, cake and more topped with vanilla ice cream - my mouth is watering just thinking about it right now!!! They had Eat, Pray, Love playing and I tried to watch it. I loved the book and have been anxious to watch the movie... however - I do not think that Julia Roberts is the right actress for the movie! I am a huge fan of hers - Pretty Woman is my favorite movie - but she looks TERRIBLE! Seriously I couldn't get past her. She resembles a skeleton, you can see her veins on her forehead, and her mouth is just scary. I don't know what happened but it was ruining the movie for me. I walked away and decided I would have to watch it at a later time on my own. 

Once I came back home I was going to head over to my next Turkey Dinner but decided to attempt my run again - cha ching! Success :) 6.2 fabulous miles and now I am feeling great. I am kind of sad that I don't have any turkey and stuffing because I am hungry and there are no leftovers.... I am going to have a long talk with my parents about leaving for Holidays - it is unacceptable and sad.

Well I hope everyone had a great day... and please head to Dillard's tomorrow for some shopping. I will be slaving away working all day so enjoy your day off!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving, but I agree that your parents need to start being at home so we can spend our holidays together!!!

    ReplyDelete