Monday, November 22, 2010

OMG Pilates

Ran 9 Miles
Pilates Class

Lets just say that I am not good at Pilates... yet. Recently I have been trying a bunch of classes out at the gym. I figured I pay for it every month, might as well use it! Tonights class was Pilates. It was tough. The instructor wanted to use rings. Rings are resistance circles that you use between your legs, feet and arms and press together in sets. I don't know if it was because of my 9 mile shake out run I did this morning, or if I am just overly fatigued from the weekend and race.... but I found this class to be so hard. Anytime I had to use muscles my whole body would just start shaking.... and I mean uncontrollably... like spassing out. I had to put the rings down and do everything without them! It was quite embarrassing and it is going to take a lot of self persuasion to get me back in there. I may just stick with the spinning, body flow and yoga classes!!! The core work and stretching felt great tonight. I have this feeling I am going to wake up with a sore core tomorrow!!!

This morning I ended up doing a 9 mile run. It was an easy 8:34 pace. I was able to run a few miles with my running buddies I found out on Bayshore so it was nice to chat with them for a while. Tomorrow I am supposed to do track, but I don't think I am going to get to it in time. My other new group H-PAC is meeting at 7 for some miles, so I may try them out if I can't leave work in time. I will explain HPAC in a later post..

The Turkey Trot is Thursday and I think my goal is going to be 41:00 or under. Hopefully if I rest myself enough between now and then it should be achievable. I will just have to stay away from the night clubs and make sure I get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night!!!!

I promise a race recap tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with pilates! That damn ring is so hard but it works...and it definitely gets easier!

    ReplyDelete