Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 4 of 35: Swimming Group!

I found a swimming group!! So excited!

They meet Monday - Friday at 5:30am and swim for 1 1/2 hours!!! There is a coach that helps with technique and leads the workouts.

Through my previous stress fracture I did some swimming, but always wanted someone to help me with technique and workouts - well here it is!!!


I am going tomorrow to meet them - but I am pretty scared about the temperature! It is a heated outdoor pool - it has been getting really cold here in the mornings and I don't want to freeze to death!!!

I'ts not what happens to you that determines how far you will go in life; it is how you handle what happens to you. 


Not looking forward to tomorrow. Going to work for the first time back in the boot and crutches. I have to face everyone's questions as to what happened again - and questions and comments on how I should probably choose another hobby - oh and how did the marathon go - and yada yada yada. I think this kind of stuff is the most difficult for me.

Day 4 of 35 means it is the 4th day of the initial 35 days. My next appointment is December 14th which would be 35 days. This doesn't mean the boot will go away on the 35th day. I am just counting them down until I go back. When I looked back on my previous SF I realized I didn't document anything.This time around I am going to track it - so this is mostly for me - but also for anyone that wants to see how an injured person copes with the unavoidable, for the second time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! thanks for your comment on my blog! how's everything going? I can't wait for you to be back to running too! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete