Friday, August 10, 2012

Chuggin Along..

Worst running week was over after that week, and training has continued. The Florida humidity has really set in and is making runs challenging, but they are getting done!!

I decided that I was going to stick with my hardcore Strength and Conditioning on Mondays and Fridayas until September 1st, then I will go only once a week. The hardest day is Fridays, which is the day before my long runs. I am usually 110% fatigued and extremely sore on Saturday mornings, but I keep telling myself that once September comes long runs will be easier (not easy, but easier).

The only other challenge that I have is my KNEE!! I am the magnet for injuries anymore. I have patella tendinitis  which I am really struggling with. Stretching, Icing and more stretching have really been in full force for me. I wish I knew a magical way to cure this quick, because it does not feel good. BUT I am determined to NOT.LET.IT.GET.IN.MY.WAY!

Tomorrow I have 14 miles on the schedule. I don't have any goals on my long runs, except finish, until September 1st hits... so stayed tuned.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you Florida girls do it...the heat in NJ has been crazy...I cannot even imagine dealing with long runs in Florida! Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete