Monday, September 3, 2012

94*'s + 7 Miles

Since I was off today for Labor Day and didn't have any plans, I quickly became bored. I didn't want to go party and drink all day, so at 5:00pm I decided to go for a 7 mile run.

It is Florida
It is September
5:00 is HOT
94* along a path with NO shade.
I think I lost my mind!

Well I ended up being very surprised with my run. I wanted to do 5 second cut downs on all the miles, but when I started out and realized how blazing hot it was I re considered my plan and though easy was as good as anything.

It ended up being 7 miles at 8:14 pace and on the second half I did do the cut downs. I started with 8:25's and my last mile was 8:00!!

Now, I also did 1441 this morning AND did a 5 mile speed walk with my mom.

Usually when I run it is at 5:30 am when the humidity is at its highest point (90%+). It is extremely hard to breath when it is humid and the amount of sweat that pours out of your body is usually about 2 pounds worth!

Even though it was so brutally hot, I think the lack of humidity made the run easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment