Sunday, September 2, 2012

TRUST

I realized this week, that I have put 100% trust into my training plan. It isn't the same training that I did pre injuries.

This time around I am constantly pushing my body in ways that I never have before. My attitude before was log all the miles as possible and you will get faster. That method did work for me and I loved it, my paces were always fast and I always felt confident. But then I got INJURED... twice.

I am averaging about 40-43 miles per week with 2-3 2 hour strength and conditioning classes, spin once a week and occasional swimming and biking.

All of the different training usually leaves me fatigued during my runs, causing my paces to be slower and my breathing pretty winded. There are days where I just want to give up on everything but running, because for 2 weeks when I did do that my runs were so easy and faster.

I am putting every ounce of trust into my training and NOT giving up on all these extra's because the people I am taking advice from say that once I hit taper my body will get the rest and then come race day I will be STRONG and ready to rock the marathon.

As the weeks go by my long runs are getting better and I am feeling more and more confident. I did 17 miles yesterday and it was awesome. I did all the miles alone and I felt strong (I actually almost went for 18 + but decided against it once my watch hit 17).  It ended up being 8:22 avg pace with less than 10 minutes of stops for water and one bathroom stop.

After the 17 miles I grabbed a quick protein smoothy and headed to Saturday Smack down at Sand Key which included:

 20 minutes of bridge sprints to recover, kettle bell dead-lifts & squat jumps, burpies, manual resistance, kettle bell snatch, step ups with quick feet (prisoner style), 500 push ups & 500 sit ups with sprints in between. Open water swim.



No comments:

Post a Comment