Sunday, September 30, 2012

Self Check

First up - October recap!

Miles Run : 205 @ 7.4 miles per hour average
Miles Cycled: 165 at 17.8 avg pace

Ok, so now a self check!

Right now I am currently so excited about my running, but I am trying to keep it at bay because I don't want to jinx myself. The past couple of weeks it has all started falling into place and my paces have dropped significantly!

I am scared to death that this is just a freak accident.

I all of a sudden have a goal to get as close to 3:20 as my body can possibly get. I ran 20.5 miles at 7:50 pace which is a 3:25. This run happened on a week FULL of training and no rest. When I got done with the run I felt like I could have kept going for miles. My body was not begging for a break, nor was it mad at me - it felt natural!

I am going to keep training like I did this past week, and try to PUSH myself as much as possible without over doing it.

I have also decided that I want to do all my runs alone. I do better this way, so it is me against me. I don't have to worry about other people, I don't have to talk, I don't have to feel bad for a stop, I don't have to stop, I don't have to ask if they want to pick it up/slow down.... it is me and me running for me!!! This has been challenging because I have SO many great friends that love group running and I am trying to separate myself from that until after the marathon. I can only hope that they understand this and do not get offended!

This Saturday is the Marine Corps 1/2 marathon. All along I never once considered having a goal, but now I DO!! I want to have a sub 7:30 average pace which would put me sub 1:38 (I would love a sub 1:37, but I am trying to be realistic!)

I have been really trying to watch my diet, but at the same time trying not to be too strict so that I have the energy to run. I want to lose 7 more pounds, which should come easy as long as I am smart with the diet and lay off alcohol. The alcohol has been easy to give up since I have changed my life by breaking up with the boyfriend.

In a nut shell, right now I am feeling HAPPY, ENERGETIC, EXCITED, HOPEFUL AND STRONG!!!!

I have 4 more Saturdays of training left!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment