Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Prayer

Dear God,

I am going to the Doctor in an hour. Please only let it be something minor. I would even be ok with the doctor telling me that I am crazy and that it is all in my head, he could even tell me that I am a big baby and a wimp... I will take that proudly with a smile.

If this only ends up being something minor I can make a few promises to you!! I will ...

Never complain about my times or stress.
I will constantly compliment other runners, even when they are faster than me!!
I will give myself to my group runs every day (well maybe 2 days).
I will stop complaining about my weight. These 2 weeks are starting to show on my body, and I must run!!! I promise I will never say anything about my weight if I can run again - this is a HUGE thing for me!
I will practice better recovry - ICE and REST!!!

there is so much more I am willing to do - but I have to get to the Doctor - you know what I am willing to do -- ANYTHING!!!

Please, do not take this away from me for a long period of time. I love it way too much. I love waking up at 5 am and running on Bayshore. I love seeing the sunrise. I love being sweaty and nasty. I love passing guys on Bayshore :) I love the feeling of every part of running - my life just is not complete without my running. My days are empty. I am not smiling. I don't know what to do with myself in the mornings!!

Spinning is not the same. I was in spin class last night and I was praying to you for some sort of enthusiasm and it wasn't there. All I could think about was running. I was looking out the window at the treadmills wishing I was on one of them, rather than a bike. YES I was WISHING I was on a treadmill!! Another promise to you God, I will stop complaining about the Treadmill!!!! I will embrace it and LOVE it.

God, I will appreciate running so much more now. I realize how much it means to me and how much I need it in my life.

Please, please, PLEASE let this only be something minor.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment