Monday, May 2, 2011

Thoughts on Training...

What an amazing weekend that just past!! Jaime Js Bachelorette Get-away Weekend was a huge success!! Lots of sun, fun drinks and great times!!! Sad it is over, but we left with some great memories!!

Bachelorette Party = No exercise for this girl! Sunday when I got home my body was B.E.G.G.I.N.G for some gym time. I was able to jump on the stair climber for a solid 30 minutes  - but was so fatigued that I was done after that. I was a sweat factory when that was over with!

This weekend Jaime and I started talking about NYC training and it started to get me in the mood for it. I am hoping that I don’t encounter any problems as far as injuries go. I never thought I would/could be so paranoid about injuries. I do not want to go through it again. Some things that I know I will have to do through the entire cyle
  • Diet – make sure I am eating healthy and getting my vitamins – including Calcium, Vitamin D and Iron!
  • Ice – and lots of it!!!
  • Stretch – look into Yoga/Pilate  classes at the gym
  • Cross Train – Swimming and Biking!!!
  • Strength Train – maintain a schedule and make sure the core is always solid.
  • Log Miles on Shoes – make sure they are always up to par.
  • REST! – like real rest. Recovery days need to be spent recovering and not doing crazy things.
All of these things may sound obvious – but I know I get caught up in life and then forget to do these things. Next thing you know days go by and then its weeks and you realize you are not actually taking care of yourself, which is a recipe for DISASTER.
I also want to make sure I am enjoying it. Track is my LEAST favorite part about running. I dread it and get a sick feeling to my stomach when I am out there. Even when I am leaving I do not like it! I have been thinking about not including this in my training. Instead I would do long tempo runs. I would like to be able to do 8 miles under an hour – easy. My favorite part about running is the longer distances, so if I somehow worked in Long Speed Runs I think I would be a happier runner. Why do something you dread – right?!


1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with you that there is more than one way to get faster and you should do what you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete