Monday, June 18, 2012

Beast Mode Monday's

Monday's I have to be in beast mode all day. I started going to a strength and conditioning workout (1441) back in January to help get myself back into shape. It is 90-110 minute workout. When I first started I thought I would only be doing it for a month to 8 weeks max. I really wanted to get back into running fast and thought going to this workout would just slow me down. Well here it is 6 months later and I am still going!! Monday mornings have always been Tempo time, but 1441 is also Monday mornings and I obviously can not do both - so enters Beast Mode - 1441 in the morning and Tempo's in the evening!!

Running in the evenings have always been my least favorite. I tend to feel drained, heavy and blah - not to mention it is usually 90+ degrees out and the wind is in full force!! I have to stay focused all day and get excited about the run that will happen when I get off. So, again - enter Beast Mode.

Oh and I forgot to mention, by the time 6pm rolls around, my muscles are starting to ache from the killer workout I did that morning. Legs are in pain from the millions of squats, lunges and jumps. Arms and back are tense from the pullups, pushups and olympic presses. And again - Beast Mode is in full force!!


So hear I am, I have survived another Monday and I am so happy. The workout this morning felt great and I left so energized and ready to conquer my day. Throughout the days on Mondays, I have to be very conscious of what I eat so I am not heavy and fatigued come 7pm. Today I made sure I was drinking electrolyes in the afternoon and had a cliff bar before I left work. I knew I had a a tough workout ahead of me and I wanted to get it done.

On the schedule:

2 miles easy
4-2-1-1-2-4-2-1 fast w/ half the time easy between
1 mile easy

(I had to write it on my forearm so that I could remember, 
and the line in between the ones was to tell me when to turn around)

The results:

8:27
8:19
Fartlek Paces:
7:38-7:43-7:38-6:57-7:23-7:41-7:36-7:04
8:34

TTL 
6:22 Miles 
50:37 
8:08 avg pace

The wind was really bad so after looking at this I am really happy. There were times that I thought I was running in place. The amount of effort I put into this run would probably be a lot faster times on a still day.




No comments:

Post a Comment