Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bliss

Before going to bed last night, I decided that I was going to run alone in the morning because I knew I was feeling tired during track which ment by Thursday mornings easy run I was going to be super tired. When I feel like that I don't like to be around people because I would rather just get in my zone and not worry about talking or thinking.

I went to bed really early and ended up with 8 great hours of sleep. When I woke up I drove to my starting place and decided if I felt strong I would try to go 7 miles (opposed to my usual 6). The weather was super humid and windy, so I really didn't know how it was going to go.

The first 2 miles went by and I started telling myself I was going for the 3.5 mile turnaroud... then I hit mile 3 and really WANTED to turn around because the wind was heading at me, but I kept thinking if I make it to 3.5 I would have no other choice but to do 7 total.. and the wind would be at my back! I also knew, that I hadn't stopped for water and the water was at mile 2.25... so I still had a ways to go before water.

I passed mile 3 and just kept trucking, smile on my face and feeling cofident.

I made it to my turnaround point, did not stop and took off for my water fountain... mile 5 hit and it was 8:03. I was so happy. Not only was I making it 7 miles, I was feeling GREAT and my times were not too shabby!!!

I finished and felt amazing. I had doubted myself all night about my energy and how it was going to go... but all of a sudden I was in total bliss. Life was good, because my run was good. I was ready (and DID) take over my day. All the stress at work throughout the day did not phase me at all, I was constant smiles.

8:34 - 8:23 - 8:15 - 8:12 - 8:03 - 8:08 - 7:58
7 miles
8:16 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment